Welcome to antonhatwich.com. It's only a one-page 'site' at the moment, but soon I'll be adding more pages and more features. In the meantime I'll be keeping the content here fresh, so please check back frequently for updates on concerts, recordings, tours, and whatever else is going on in my career.
- I had a great time playing a couple of sets for the Tommorrow Never Knows festival, which happened in Chicago recently. I played with Bonzie at Lincoln Hall on 1/15, and with Ryley Walker at Schubas on 1/18.
- It's a quiet time of year, but I'm looking forward to some of the things I have coming up - playing on a couple of records, making my first trip to SXSW, and re-convening the expanded version of Kyle Bruckmann's Wrack to give midwest performances of his Pynchon-inspired composition (Wrack...Awaits Silent Tristero's Empire, or W.A.S.T.E.) which we premiered last year in San Francisco. All coming in the first quarter of 2014!
Anton Hatwich is a bassist, composer, recording artist, and music teacher based out of Chicago, IL. His wide range of professional experience, deep sense of musicality, and powerful tone make Anton's playing a sought-after commodity in Chicago's diverse musical community.
- January 18 - w/Ryley Walker - Schuba's, 9pm (we play at 9:45pm)
- January 19 - Kimmel/Hatwich Duo - Township, 11:30am-1:30pm
- January 19 - w/Ryley Walker - Turner Hall, Milwaukee, 9pm
- January 22 - Nick Mazzarella Trio - private event, Art Institute of Chicago
- January 26 - Kimmel/Hatwich Duo - Township, 11:30am-1:30pm
- January 26 - Kimmel/Stine/Hatwich Trio - Hungry Brain, 10pm
To sign up for Anton's monthly newsletter, click here.
With over ten years of experience, including two at the college level, Anton currently maintains an active teaching schedule in Chicago and the surrounding suburbs. A few weekly time slots still available, email for more info.
For more info on bookings or to sign up for lessons, please email email@example.com