Welcome to antonhatwich.com. It's only a one-page 'site' at the moment, but soon I'll be adding more pages and more features. In the meantime I'll be keeping the content here fresh, so please check back frequently for updates on concerts, recordings, tours, and whatever else is going on in my career.
- I had a great time playing live on the radio with the Nick Mazzarella Trio on January 28th for WNUR's Killin' the Vibe program. Podcasts will be available to download at some point, and new episodes air live each Monday from 9-10pm CST. Check it out!
- There is a photo of me in the February 2013 issure of Downbeat, in their feature on US Jazz Clubs. The (small) photo on p.56 is of me and Nate LePine, and it's next to the plug for the Hungry Brain. Glad to be representing one of my favorite spots!
- My solo bass record, Portraits, is available for purchase! There are four tracks on two sides of one red vinyl 7", 33rpm record. Silver labels. Photography by Kate Joyce, artwork by Zoë Brown, layout by Johnathan Crawford, engineering by Jaimie Branch and mastered by Griffin Rodriguez.
- Fred Lonberg Holm's Fast Citizens have a new record, called Gather. I really like it, but I'm super biased. You better find out for yourself.
Anton Hatwich is a bassist, composer, recording artist, and music teacher based out of Chicago, IL. His wide range of professional experience, deep sense of musicality, and powerful tone make Anton's playing a sought-after commodity in Chicago's diverse musical community.
As an educator, Anton has over ten years of experience working with bass students of all levels - children to adults, beginner to college level. He teaches privately in Chicago and its surrounding suburbs. In addition to the Double Bass and Electric Bass, Anton also teaches Guitar and Piano.
- February 4 - Green and Gold. Skylark, 10pm. $5 suggested donation
- February 5 - Nick Mazzarella Trio. Whistler, 10pm. No cover.
- February 19 - Elliot Ross/Anton Hatwich Duo. Sapori Trattoria (2701 N. Halsted) 6-9pm. No Cover.
- February 20 - Jarod Bufe Quartet (featuring Mark Colby!). Fitzgerald's, 9pm.
- EVERY THURSDAY: Tim Stine/AH/Ian Springer Trio play jazz standards at The Tasting Room on Randolph street, from 7-10pm.
- EVERY SUNDAY: I play duet with bass clarinettist Jeff Kimmel for brunch at Township Restaurant, starting around 11am. We generally choose lesser-known gems from the jazz canon, so if you like some Herbie Nichols with your eggs, we got something for you! (This one, by the way, is definitely kid-friendly.)
To sign up for Anton's monthly newsletter, click here.
For more info on bookings or to sign up for lessons, please email firstname.lastname@example.org